Well it’s been ages since I have written anything- Sam was poorly at the beginning of the holidays with Scarlet Fever and my Mum didn’t have much chance to help me type anything up and then we have been making up for missed time by being very busy since then!
So somehow we are now half way through the holidays and it is going fast. At the beginning I wrote myself a list of things I would like to do over the Summer but instead of just posting that like I was going to I can now see how I am doing with working through the list.
1) Have some lie-ins. My parents say we all need some rest over the Summer and are trying to get us to sleep in until at least 7:30. I find this really hard as I am always wide awake by 6:45am but have been trying and was even still asleep at nearly 8am the other day… we will probably all let Mum and Dad sleep in but not until the day we are going back to school! -so kind of on this one!
2) Play a new board game- we play lots of games at home but I was wanting to find something new to play. We haven’t managed this at home but Lottie and I went to our friend’s house the other day when Mum was at work and we played a game called Tsuro there which is a strategy game- I really liked this and would like to play it with my Dad. I can tick this off my list!
3) Play with LEGO- I have done this every single day so far so I can definitely check this on my list!
4) Build a den- we have made some epic dens so far this holiday- the Gigi Bloks have been awesome for this and we have also made a pretty impressive one in the garden using a clothes horse, some chairs, a football goal and a load of blankets. Checking this one off too!
5) Go to the beach- we haven’t done this yet. I hope we can manage this when we are on holiday though
6) Have a water fight- we have had the water pistols out but not had a full on water fight yet… I am working on my Mum to invite lots of people around the day before we go back to school for one- wish me luck!
7) Help with some DIY- I asked my Dad if he would let me help with some jobs and he let me have a go at building some new units we had got, it was much easier than I expected and I managed to build all four by myself. I was very pleased with them and we now have all our arts and craft things set out separately.
8) Do the library reading challenge. I am working on this- I have read 8 books so far and we are going to the library later so I hope I will get some more stamps today.
9) Try a new sport- we were lucky enough to go to Sportfest again this year (that’s a whole other post though!) and tried several new sports- I especially liked Rugby.
10) Learn a new skill- I hadn’t decided what I wanted this to be when I added it to my list but I think I can check it off because I did a first aid course and have learnt the recovery position and different bandages as well as some other things- I would like to do another longer course now.
I think I am doing quite well at the things on my list- I hope we will get the other things done, especially the water fight!
What are you or your children hoping to do over the Summer?